Context/background of the project
International mobilities are used unequally by young adults. Young adults with good educational opportunities benefit strongly from mobility programs, while young adults with disabilities and low educational opportunities are disadvantaged as participants. The activating methods of nonformal global learning used in international mobility make it difficult for these young adults to take part on an equal and inclusive basis. Also, young adults with educational disadvantages or disabilities can rarely use existing engagement opportunities and are largely excluded as multipliers and trainers in international non-formal educational activities.
Aims of the project
Within the framework of this project, concepts and methods are therefore being developed to
* break the educational exclusivity of international mobility in the context of preparation, accompaniment and follow-up of non-formal education,
* promote the participation of young adults with educational disadvantages or disabilities in the development of non-formal education,
* show young adults with educational disadvantages or disabilities opportunities for engagement and enable them to function as multipliers and trainers themselves,
* implement new approaches of European non-formal educational work in the field of international mobility.
Target Groups/ Profile of participants
Direct participants of the project are pedagogues, trainers, multipliers and former volunteers who are involved in various formats of international mobility. This includes young adults with educational disadvantages or disabilities (people with intellectual, learning-related, physical, sensory or other disabilities as well as people with educational disadvantages – learning difficulties, language difficulties, early school leavers, low-skilled, young people with poor school performance).
Activities and methodology
The project is divided into four phases:
– February 2020 to May 2021 – Development phase: Basics, practices and methods are collected, exercises and learning modules designed and concepts developed.
– June to October 2021 – Trial phase: Inclusive, participative, and activating methods are prepared for the target groups and tested with test groups in the environment of the participating organisations. Conclusions for the further development of the modules and concepts are elaborated.
– September to December 2021 – Editorial phase: A method kit, a video tutorial, and a trainer concept are elaborated.
– December 2021 to March 2022 – Implementation and dissemination phase: Multiplier training courses for professionals, trainers, and multipliers are run to make the new methods known and to promote their application.
The following results are achieved within the framework of the project:
1 inclusive toolbox/ method kit for designing trainings for international mobilities was developed, tested, and disseminated.
1 concept for training young adults with educational disadvantages or disabilities was developed, tested, and disseminated.
1 video tutorial was produced to support the learning and implementation.
200 trainers, staff involved in deployment, transcultural exchange and youth education, as well as multipliers in youth education work (e.g. former volunteers with and without disabilities or educational disadvantages), were trained in the methods and the application of the concept and are able to apply the methods and the concept in their work.
project coordinated by: Jugend eine Welt / Weltwegweiser
bezev e.V. (Germany
This project has been funded with support from the European Commission.