ORT: Baia Mare (Der Seminarraum ist barrierefrei!)
DATUM: 6.-12. Mai 2019
Background of the project
People with physical disabilities are facing countless obstacles of
all kinds, every day, mostly because the environment is not accessible
enough and the mentalities are not adapted enough. We believe they could
themselves actively contribute to the accesibility process (both among
their peers and in relation to the “outside world”), if they only had
the know-how on the methods and some empowerment to support their
Our project, VisiAbility, aims to provide youth workers with non-formal methods and instruments based on visual communication, which will ease both their work with people with disabilities and the latter’s social integration. teaching youth workers about a series of nonformal methods and instruments based on visual communication: photovoice, easy read, graphic facilitation;
The training course will be focused on:
- teaching youth workers about a series of nonformal methods and instruments based on visual communication: photovoice, easy read, graphic facilitation;
- testing all the above-mentioned methods and instruments and developing / adapting others, considering the needs and capabilities of the people with disabilities;
- sharing examples of good practices in working with people with disabilities;
- creating a proper context for developing a new network of organizations for further development of new inclusive projects and activities.
Who can participate?
We are looking for participants who are active in your youth organization
Note that possible participants should
- be 18+
- Able to attend the whole duration of the course
- Able to work in English
- Interested in inclusion and visual communication
- Ready to pass the knowledge on
- Ready to implement concrete activities after the course
The main working language will be English.
Participants with disabilities are welcome!!!
Venue: The training will take place in Baia Mare. The venue is accessible for wheel chair user!
Application & financial support
The Financial support is sought within the Erasmus+ programme, Key Action 1.
Participants with disabilities are free of charge!
Depending on the distance to Baia Mare you will receive a travel lump sum. For more details have a look at the Erasmus+ Users guide.
Please note that we refund the travel costs earliest 8 weeks after the course (in case we have received all needed invoices and boarding passes)and only to the responsible organisational accounts!
Board and lodging will be covered by the Erasmus+ program
How to join the project?
If you decide to participate at the project please make sure that you have contacted us latest on 08.April.
We are looking forward to receive your applications!